LaBarge Weinstein Quarterly Newsletter – Spring 2022
Step into Spring!
The weather is getting hotter and the sun is shining brighter. We’re ready to come out of hibernation. Wait – we forgot to hibernate !! Once again, we had a really busy winter. Here is an update on some of the highlights. Enjoy!
Our clients have been much too busy for us to mention all of their great accomplishments, but here are a few highlights that we can mention:
- Planetary Hydrogen has been selected as a winner of the $1M XPRIZE Carbon Removal Milestone prize, sponsored by Elon Musk and The Musk Foundation. This prize is the most prestigious prize available in the field of sustainable carbon removal.
- Our Client Avivagen‘s oxidized carotenoid-based feed additive product has received approval for use in China, the World’s largest commercial feed production market.
Congratulations to all of our clients for their incredible work this past quarter – we look forward to seeing what the next quarter will bring!
Do you have news to share? Email us and your update could appear in a future newsletter.
Deals & Transactions Report
Here is a sample of publicly-announced deals that we’ve worked on over the last quarter: Want to see more? Check out the Deal Flow section of our website.
- Epoch Software recently raised US $3.6M in seed funding.
- TELUS recently acquired Ottawa-based IT firm Fully Managed.
- Email Production Platform Dyspatch Recently Raised $6MM in Seed Round.
- Together a Software Company Recently Raised $6.2 Million CAD to Pair Mentors and Mentees in Companies.
- Avivagen recently announced that it has closed its private financing of secured debentures for a gross process of $5.689 million.
- MaxSold recently raises $16.1 Million in series B Financing.
- Daylight Automation Inc. recently acquired Proof Data TechnologyInc.
LW Featured news
- LaBarge Weinstein has been selected as one of the Top 10 corporateboutique firms for 2022-23.
- LaBarge Weinstein once again ranked among the top 5 firms in Canada for the volume of venture capital deals in 2021.
Read the press release here
What You Need to Know About the Ontario Business Registry and Your Annual Returns
The Ontario government recently launched the Ontario Business Registry (the “Registry”), providing a platform for Ontario corporations and not-for-profit organizations (together “Corporations”) to complete business registrations, filings, and other transactions online. Read more.
Corporations Canada resumes administrative dissolutions of corporations that are in default of filing their annual returns
From Spring 2022, Corporations Canada will resume the administrative dissolution of corporations that have not filed their AR for at least 2 years. If your corporation is incorporated pursuant to the Canada Business Corporations Act it must file an Annual Return every year. A corporation’s annual return is due within 60 days of its anniversary of incorporation.
LW Firm Update
LW Team Update
Jamin has joined the firm as part of the Tax group and Jeremiah has joined our Corporate and Financing groups.
Check out their profiles and contact us if they can be of service to you.