Join Our Team
Picturing a typical hierarchical atmosphere? Well, think again. We are a boutique business law firm and anything but typical. Our doors are always open and we regularly attend sporting and live music events as a team! Plus, we have all of the good stuff that the other firms offer including:
- Competitive salaries;
- Flexible work hours;
- Group Insurance program; and
- Professional development opportunities that will enhance your practice or work life.
Other perks include:
- Regular Lunch ‘n Learns
- Quarterly “Fun Bus” outings
- Casual Fridays
We are always looking for exceptional team members
We keep an eye out for talented people with an entrepreneurial attitude to join our team. If you do not see the position you are interested in, we would still like to hear from you.
Corporate Lawyer- Intermediate
LaBarge Weinstein LLP, one of Canada’s leading business law firms, is looking for a Corporate Lawyer to join our busy corporate law practice in our Ottawa office.
In this position you will work primarily on merger and acquisitions and financing transactions. You will also have responsibility for servicing day-to-day corporate, securities and commercial needs of clients.
We are looking for candidates who were called to the bar in 2015 or earlier and have at least a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in working on mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions.
Interested applicants can complete the form and submit their resume. We thank all applicants who apply but only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted.
LaBarge Weinstein is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and creative individual to take on the role of Marketing Coordinator for our busy law practice. This position is located in our Ottawa office.
Under the direction of the firm’s marketing committee and reporting to the Director, Finance and Administration, you will be leading the firm’s overall marketing efforts. You will develop and implement strategies for all marketing activities for the firm including:
- Web Presence – website updates and social media monitoring and updates;
- Event Planning – planning and management of the firm’s event and sponsorship activities;
- Content Creation – writing and curating internal and external marketing material including regular newsletters, blog posts, press releases, firm brochures and website content;
- Business Development Support – assisting individual lawyers in executing on their personal business development efforts and marketing activities;
- Market Research – assisting in the collection of market data from inside and outside of the firm that could be leveraged in the firm’s marketing activities or to help support and develop marketing plans and direction.
As an ideal candidate you should have the following education, skill and experience:
- post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications or a related discipline;
- up to 3 years of marketing-related experience mainly in the B2B and referral marketing space;
- exceptional verbal and writing skills with experience producing marketing materials – especially on digital media platforms (ex. WordPress, Mail Chimp, etc);
- multi-tasker, organized, self-disciplined and able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision;
- a team player who is results-oriented and who thrives in a busy office environment;
- experience in a professional services firm or in the high technology market would be considered an asset.
You will experience the following benefits of working at LaBarge Weinstein:
- Several opportunities to get connected and networked into the Ottawa Business Community;
- Develop and broaden your marketing skills in a variety of areas (social media marketing, inbound marketing, content marketing, event management, etc);
- Learn more about corporate law services;
- Learn how to work with a team of stakeholders.
LaBarge Weinstein has offices in Ottawa, Vancouver and Toronto with 25 lawyers practicing in multiple areas of law. Our core practice areas include start-up formation, venture financings, mergers and acquisitions, public company compliance and corporate governance, tax, and licensing. We have assisted clients in multiple industries including many high technology clients. More information about our firm can be found at www.lwlaw.com.
Interested applicants may apply by forwarding their resume by email to Keri McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Coordinator – Job Application” in the subject line. Note that while we thank everyone who applies, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Student Program at LaBarge Weinstein
LaBarge Weinstein is pleased to hire summer law students as well as articling students.
We offer our summer and articling students full exposure to virtually every aspect of our corporate and commercial practice, including securities, taxation, and licensing. Your involvement starts from the initial meeting with the client, through to completion of the engagement.
At LaBarge Weinstein, we don’t have a formal rotation system. Instead, students are given work from all areas of our practice. In addition, our open door policy and relaxed atmosphere make it easy for students to seek out work in areas that interest them.
In our Ottawa office, we follow the recruitment timelines for hiring second year summer law students and then recruit our articling students from those summer law students. Ottawa 2L recruitment generally takes place in January and February each year. In our Vancouver office, we participate in the recruitment process for second year summer students established by the Vancouver Bar Association and recruit these students as articling students. Vancouver 2L recruitment generally takes place in September each year.
If you are interested in applying for a summer law student position in either Ottawa or Vancouver, please check with your Law School’s career services department for the applicable dates and application process in each location.