Second Year (2L) Summer Law Students
The recruitment of our second-year summer law students is governed by the dates and guidelines set out by the Vancouver Bar Association (VBA).
At LaBarge Weinstein, we offer our students the opportunity to become fully immersed in challenging work at a firm that is recognized as a leader in Canada’s start-up community. We place a strong emphasis on recruiting students with a strong work ethic, initiative, and personality to join our team. Our summer students are invited to progress into our articling positions.
Our students are given unparalleled exposure to the practice of corporate and business law during their summer and articling terms, including access to our securities, taxation, and licensing groups. You will have close client contact and be involved in transactions such as equity financings, debt financings, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, from start to finish. In addition, we do not have a formal rotation process. Our open-door policy and relaxed atmosphere allow students to connect with colleagues and seek out work in areas that interest them most.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Fitness benefit (During articling term)
- Group Insurance program (During articling term)
- EFAP (Employee and Family assistance program)
- High volume of challenging and fast-paced transaction experience
- Direct client contact
- Direct supervision and support from the rest of the team
- Other perks include:
- Regular Lunch ‘n Learns
- Student Training Sessions
How to Apply:
- We accept student applications exclusively through the ViLaw portal. If you wish to add to or amend your application after it has been submitted, please contact us.
At LaBarge Weinstein LLP we understand the importance of inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity and we are building an environment where our employees feel included and heard. We welcome and encourage all applicants to apply and are proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
2022 SUMMER STUDENT RECRUITMENT DATES:
- Student Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- Intention to Call emails: 8:00 a.m. PST on Tuesday, October 5, 2021, to 8:00 p.m. PST on Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- Interview Call Day: 8:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, October 7, 2021
- In-Firm Interview Week: Monday, October 25, 2021, to Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- Job Offer Day: 8:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, October 28, 2021