Legal Administrative Assistant – Business Law / Office Admin
LaBarge Weinstein LLP is a leading business law firm with an emphasis on knowledge-based and technology companies. Our areas of practice range from corporate finance to tax planning to mergers and acquisitions. Headquartered in Ottawa, we have offices in Vancouver and Toronto.
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Toronto team.
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for working as a team with other assistants and law clerks to assist the lawyers with a variety of administrative and client service tasks. Tasks include:
- Assisting lawyers in managing unbilled time and disbursements and trust balances.
- Creating invoices, and billing under the direction of the lawyers.
- Using initiative and organization to support the lawyers’ practice and assisting them in maximizing their business development and client relationships.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as requested by lawyers and/or Director, Finance and Administration.
- This position will also be responsible for taking care of the needs of the office. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Reception duties –answering phones and greeting clients;
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies (including the kitchen) and any furniture needs;
- Liaising with IT, HR/Payroll and Admins from other offices in order to help with anything requiring onsite assistance;
- Courier and Post – incoming and outgoing;
- Coordinating with third-party service providers and building maintenance;
- Other general office needs.
Candidates should have experience providing administrative services to more than one person in a multi-office environment. This position would be ideal for someone who enjoys working in a rewarding, fast paced environment where there is an opportunity to work as part of a team of administrative staff. The candidate must be proactive, team oriented, and able to demonstrate good time management skill in working with multiple lawyers. The candidate must also be very comfortable using computer-based applications as well as learning new applications. Must have experience using PC Law or other Legal Accounting software.
A Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma or a university degree in a related field, along with 3 to 5 years working experience in a law firm environment is desirable.