LaBarge Weinstein is seeking a Legal Assistant.
LaBarge Weinstein, Ottawa’s leading business law firm, is seeking a Legal Assistant.
- Primary Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Provide administrative and legal support to two senior lawyers and act as back up to other support staff.
- Maintain meeting schedules including travel arrangements.
- Preparation and amendment of corporate/legal documents.
- Transcribe dictation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Draft and format correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents.
- Docket time for lawyers as well as manage incoming mail, faxes, e-mail and voice mail.
- Process bills; proof billing sheets; review and edit bills using PCLaw. Track overdue accounts and ensure that payment reminders are sent on a timely basis.
- Assist with reception duties.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Software knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, Workshare, Microsoft Outlook and PCLaw.
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices through education and a minimum of three years related experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to draft and write legal correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with clients, lawyers and staff.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure with a positive attitude.
Interested applicants may apply by forwarding their resume by email to Shelly Hagmann