Happy Holidays from LaBarge Weinstein
Can you believe that 2013 has nearly come and gone already? It’s been a good year at LaBarge Weinstein and an even better year for our clients. Here is a summary of some highlights over the past 12 months.
- Ottawa-based mobile gaming company, Magmic, was featured in an Apple commercial. With hundreds of thousands of apps available on the iPhone 5, this is a pretty amazing honour!
- This fall, Lufa Farms opened their second (and the world’s largest) commercial rooftop greenhouse. The 43,000 square foot space, located in Laval, will provide fresh produce to more than 6,000 people year round.
- Fast Company Magazine named MediaCore to its list of the world’s top 10 most innovative companies in digital video. Stuart Bowness, CEO of MediaCore, also won executive of the year at the VIATeC awards in Victoria in late June.
- The doctors at Calgary’s Clearwater Clinical have developed a revolutionary and natural product for the treatment of vertigo and dizziness called the DizzyFIX.
- Out of more than 500 tech companies who applied to present at the SXSW Interactive Accelerator, InfoActive was one of the few lucky finalists.
- Back in February, after 18,000 votes were cast, Frank & Oak was named the Best New Startup in the 2nd annual Canadian Startup Awards presented by TechVibes. They were also named Innovator of the Year as part of PwC’s Vision to Reality Awards.
- SendtoNews secured a deal with the NFL, which gives the Victoria-based digital news company exclusive Canadian rights to distribute NFL video highlights.
- A recent article in The Globe and Mail featured Giatec Scientific and their revolutionary handheld device, iCOR, which allows for non-invasive examination of concrete structures to detect corrosion.
- Toronto-based publishing platform Wattpad has formed a partnership with independent publisher Sourcebooks, who plans to release two of Wattpads’ top young adult titles in 2014.
- Themis Solutions, developers of the legal practice management platform Clio, recently expanded into Europe by opening an office in Dublin. They also celebrated their fifth anniversary in business this year.
We would like to thank all of our clients and industry partners for a great year. Have a wonderful holiday season and all the best in 2014!