Senior Tax Lawyer
Offices: Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver
Are you interested in working with one of Canada’s top 10 Corporate Law Boutique Firms? Do you have a passion for being actively involved in Canada’s innovative start-up community within a collaborative and collegial team? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
Why work at LW:
LaBarge Weinstein services clients across Canada from Halifax to Vancouver from offices in Ottawa, Vancouver and Toronto. The firm has a proven track record and is one of the most active firms in Canada working with technology companies at all phases, having assisted clients in billions of dollars’ worth of financings and M&A transactions. LW prides itself on providing its clients with the advice they need when they need it, and the dynamic, entrepreneurial spirit of its clients is mirrored in the firm’s working environment. Our lawyers become trusted advisors to our clients, called upon to help with future ventures and to provide timely advice.
LaBarge Weinstein’s tax group works with our corporate clients, who range from start-ups to public companies, to assist them with tax questions that arise on formation, in connection with employee incentives, on financings (including cross-border financings), on exit and in connection with other corporate reorganizations and transformations, as well as providing tax and estate planning advice to founders and high net worth individuals and their corporate groups.
In the position of Senior Tax Lawyer, you will primarily be responsible for providing tax advice in connection with the firm’s corporate (usually sell-side) transactional work, particularly mergers & acquisitions and financings. This will include advising on the tax implications of the proposed transaction, and developing, assisting with or overseeing the implementation of any tax-driven restructuring in connection with the transaction.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of [ten] years of solid tax experience, particularly in corporate transaction support is required.
- Comfort working collaboratively with colleagues within the firm (including supervising others when necessary) and third-party advisors to achieve optimal outcomes for clients
- The ability to provide practical advice on technical matters
- Identifying, and proactively working to find solutions to, issues
- Exceptional client service skills with colleagues, other advisors and external clients