Manager of Finance
LaBarge Weinstein LLP, one of Canada’s leading business law firms, is looking for a permanent full-time Manager of Finance to join the firm in our Ottawa office.
Candidates must have experience in the following:
- Supervising bookkeeping staff.
- Processing and monitoring day-to-day financial operations within the firm (online banking, invoicing, payroll, and other transactions).
- Managing the full monthly/annual accounting cycle including liaising with external accountants to finalize year end and tax work.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasting of results throughout the year.
- Preparation of regular and ad-hoc finance reports for the partners of the firm.
- Support for operational decisions affecting costs.
- Working with different accounting applications.
The successful candidate must also have the following Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- CPA designation preferred
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with internal controls and financial reporting.
Experience with a change in accounting system and financial reporting in a professional services environment will be an asset.
This position is ideal for an accounting professional who is ready to advance their career in a team-oriented professional environment.
Interested applicants may apply by forwarding their resume to Keri McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants who apply but only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Should you wish to have more information about the position before submitting an application, you may contact Barbara Bergeron, CPA, CA, Director of Finance and Administration (email@example.com) to schedule an appointment to discuss.