Legal Administrative Assistant (Corporate Law) / Office Coordinator
LaBarge Weinstein LLP is currently looking for a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator in our Vancouver office to become part of our administrative services team.
Are you interested in working with one of Canada’s top 10 Corporate Law Boutique Firms? Do you have a passion for being actively involved in Canada’s innovative start-up community within a collaborative and collegial team? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
LaBarge Weinstein LLP is a leading business law firm with an emphasis on knowledge-based and technology companies. Our areas of practice range from corporate finance to tax planning and to mergers and acquisitions. Headquartered in Ottawa, we also have offices in Vancouver and Toronto.
The Legal Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator is responsible for working with other assistants and law clerks from all offices to assist the lawyers with a variety of administrative, operations-based, client service tasks as follows:
- Preparation and editing of legal documents for Startup clients in a wide range of areas, including employee onboarding, stock option plan administration, and related documents
- Assisting lawyers in managing unbilled time and disbursements and trust balances;
- Assisting with the creation and distribution of client invoices as well as following up on unpaid accounts;
- Using initiative and organization in order to support the lawyers’ practice and assisting them in maximizing their client-related activities;
- Providing general office management, day-to-day operations, and being the correspondent for all office vendors.
- Assisting with a variety of client questions and requests and doing so in a timely & professional matter.
- Sending, receiving, and assisting with drafting documents with/for your lawyers, knowledge in DocuSign is a plus.
- Event ideation, planning and support, and database creation and management
Skills and Experience
This position would be ideal for someone who is has a keen interest in the ever-changing world of Startups and is eager to learn more about how Startups operate and grow, while being a part of a fast-paced work environment. Applicants must be proactive, team oriented and able to demonstrate good time management skill in working with multiple lawyers. Applicants must also be very comfortable using computer-based applications as well as learning new applications.
A university degree, along with 2 to 3 years working experience is desirable.