Legal Administrative Assistant – Business Law
LaBarge Weinstein LLP is a leading business law firm with an emphasis on knowledge-based and technology companies. Our areas of practice range from corporate finance to tax planning to mergers and acquisitions. Headquartered in Ottawa, we also have offices in Vancouver and Toronto.
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Ottawa team.
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for working as a team with other assistants and law clerks in order to assist the lawyers with a variety of administrative and client service tasks. Tasks include
- Assisting in the preparation and editing of legal documents.
- Entering time dockets.
- Assisting lawyers in managing unbilled time and disbursements and trust balances.
- Creating invoices, and billing under the direction of the lawyers.
- Using initiative and organization to support the lawyers’ practice and assisting them in maximizing their client related activities.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as requested by lawyers and/or Director, Finance and Administration.
- This position will also be assigned general office duties such as filling in at reception and assisting with a variety of office administrative tasks on an as-needed basis to fill in for staff absences or other leave situations.
Candidates should have experience providing administrative services to more than one person in a multi-office environment. This position would be ideal for someone who enjoys working in a rewarding, fast paced environment where there is an opportunity to work as part of a team of administrative staff. The candidate must be proactive, team oriented, able to demonstrate good time management skill in working with multiple lawyers. The candidate must also be very comfortable using computer-based applications as well as learning new applications. Must have experience using PC Law or other Legal Accounting software.
A Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma or a university degree in a related field, along with 3 to 5 years working experience in a law firm environment is desirable.
Interested applicants may apply by forwarding their résumé by email to Keri at email@example.com.
While we appreciate all Applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.