Legal Administrative Assistant (Business Law) / Office Coordinator (18-month Maternity Leave)
LaBarge Weinstein LLP is a leading business law firm with an emphasis on knowledge-based and technology companies. Our areas of practice range from corporate finance to tax planning and to mergers and acquisitions. Headquartered in Ottawa, we also have offices in Vancouver and Toronto.
We are currently looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator in our Vancouver office to cover an 18-month maternity leave. The maternity leave is expected to begin in July, but training will begin as soon as possible.
A Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma or a university degree in a related field along with up to 5 years working experience is desirable. Junior Law Clerks and Paralegals are welcome to apply.
The Legal Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator is responsible for working with other assistants and law clerks from all offices to assist the lawyers with a variety of administrative and client service tasks as follows:
- Preparation and editing of legal documents;
- Entering time dockets;
- Assisting lawyers in managing unbilled time and disbursements and trust balances;
- Assisting with the creation and distribution of client invoices as well as following up on unpaid accounts;
- Using initiative and organization in order to support the lawyers’ practice and assisting them in maximizing their client-related activities;
- Other miscellaneous tasks as requested by lawyers and/or the Director, Finance and Administration.
- This position will also be assigned general office administrative tasks for the Vancouver office, which includes being the lead organizer of all office management & being the correspondent for all office vendors.
- Assisting with a variety of client questions and requests and doing so in a timely & professional matter.
- Sending, receiving, and assisting with drafting documents with/for your lawyers, knowledge in DocuSign is a plus.
- Leading office events & planning lunches for the office and being a leader in office culture.
Applicants should have experience providing administrative services to more than one person in a multi-office environment. This position would be ideal for someone who enjoys working in a rewarding, fast paced environment where there is an opportunity to work as part of a team of administrative staff. Applicants must be proactive, team oriented and able to demonstrate good time management skill in working with multiple lawyers. Applicants must also be very comfortable using computer-based applications as well as learning new applications. Experience using PC Law would be an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take the next step and join our busy and exciting practice, please forward your cover letter and resume to Keri McDonald by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants who apply but only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted.
At LaBarge Weinstein LLP we understand the importance of inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity and we are building an environment where our employees feel included and heard. We welcome and encourage all applicants to apply and are proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.