Corporate Law Clerk
LaBarge Weinstein LLP requires a full-time corporate law clerk to work in our Ottawa office.
Are you interested in working with one of Canada’s top 10 Corporate Law Boutique Firms? Do you have a passion for being actively involved in Canada’s innovative start-up community within a collaborative and collegial team? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
The successful candidate for this position will, as part of the law clerk team, work closely with our lawyers, clients, and our legal administrative assistant team to deliver quality legal services.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years of solid working experience in the following areas:
- Ability to handle large volume requests in respect of day-to-day corporate activities such as share issuances, transfer requests, changes in directors, officers, registered office etc.;
- Maintaining minute books, including the ability to assist with pre-closing minute book clean-up and post-closing minute book updates;
- Experience dealing with establishing and maintaining ESOP plans, including grants and exercises.
- Must be comfortable working with, building and manipulating PDF documents; and
- Must be proactive, team oriented, able to work in a multi-office environment and demonstrate good time management skills.
Candidates also must have a strong practical knowledge and be comfortable working with corporations incorporated in Ontario and governed by the Canada Business Corporations Act.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take the next step and join our busy and exciting practice, please forward your cover letter and resume to Keri McDonald by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants who apply but only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted.
At LaBarge Weinstein LLP we understand the importance of inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity and we are building an environment where our employees feel included and heard. We welcome and encourage all applicants to apply and are proud to offer equal employment opportunities. If you have a special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.