Corporate, Commercial & Securities
At LaBarge Weinstein, we pride ourselves on being a client-centric firm by providing prompt, creative, and effective solutions. One founding principle that we still maintain today is focusing on our client’s strategic business issues, not just providing standard legal advice.
Our Corporate, Commercial, and Securities group – the largest team among the firm, have the experience to tackle a wide range of business law issues that businesses face. The group also works closely with other practices within the firm to provide a full range of related legal services including taxation, intellectual property commercialization, and licensing services.
Our services include:
- Asset Sales and Share Sales
- Capital Pool Company Transactions
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Governance
- Employment Law
- Initial Public Offerings
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Including cross-border transactions
- Public Securities Offerings
- Securities Compliance Filings
- Stock Incentivization and Planning
- Acted for Tweed (Canopy Growth Corp) in its $60 Million (2016), $34.5 Million (2016), $20 Million (2015) and $14.4 Million (2015) Bought Deal Financings
- Acted for Mogo Finance Technology in its $50 Million Initial Public Offering (TSX:GO)
- Acted for Tweed Marijuana Inc. (TSXV: LWI.H) in its qualifying transaction with Tweed Inc. (“Tweed“) pursuant to which Tweed Inc. completed a reverse takeover transaction with Tweed Marijuana
- Acted for a syndicate of underwriters in connection with the $55M IPO of Halogen Software Inc. (TSX) and subsequent $21M secondary offering
- Acted for Espial Group Inc. (TSX) in its $35 million bought deal public offering (2015) and in its $10 million bought deal public offering (2014)
- Named One of Canada’s Top 10 Corporate Law Boutiques by Canadian Lawyer Magazine (2016)
Our Corporate team includes: Michael Dunleavy, Tayyaba Khan, Paul LaBarge, Kyle Lavender, Brigitte LeBlanc-Lapointe, Shane McLean, Michael Sami, Daniel Scott, James Smith, Randy Taylor, Debbie Weinstein and Colin Wrynn.
Keeping in Touch with LW
Want to stay up to date with what’s happening at LW? Subscribe to our newsletter.